Experience “real training” for “real life”
The Aspire program provides FREE services for individuals who need assistance acquiring the skills to be successful in post-secondary education, training, and employment.
The Gallia-Jackson-Vinton JVSD Aspire Program aids the needs of students, including:
- Improve reading, math and writing skills
- Refresher courses for college
- Prepare for the GED test, WorkKeys, COMPAS
- Computer Skills
- Life and employability skills
- Prepare for pre-employment test
- Resume writing
- Interview skills
Academics for the Workplace
Student Assistance through Aspire program is available for local industries in preparing workers to meet the challenges of a changing workplace.
- Prepare for employment testing
- Improve reading, writing, computation and/or reasoning skills
- Improve oral and written communication skills
Aspire Center Locations
- Athens County Gateway Program: (740) 594-2421, MTWTh, 3:30 p.m. -7:30 p.m.
- Athens Work Station: (740) 797-1405, M 8:30a.m. -5p.m. TWTF 8 -4:30
- Buckeye Hills Resource Room: (740) 245-5334, MTWTh, 3 p.m. -6 p.m.
- Gallia Metropolitan Estates: (740) 446-6734, MTWTh, 9 a.m.- 12 p.m.
- Gallia County Ohio Means Jobs: (740) 446-3222, Ext. 222, MWTh 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Meigs County Ohio Means Jobs: (740) 992-5808, MW 12 – 4 p.m.
- Tri-County Adult Career Center: (740) 753-3511, TWTh, 1:30 pm. – 4:30 p.m.
- Vinton County: (740) 596-9861, MW, 10 a.m.- 4 p.m.